151 More Saint Lucian Nationals return to Saint Lucia
This press release was obtained from the official page of the Prime Minister of Saint Lucia
The Government of Saint Lucia welcomed 151 more nationals through the ongoing repatriation process. Returning nationals will include cruise ship workers and students from Canada and Barbados.
On May 24th, nineteen (19) nationals arrived in Saint Lucia via a chartered service from Barbados, which included seventeen (17) nationals being repatriated from Canada. Subsequently, fifty-nine (59) persons arrived aboard Disney Fantasy at Port Castries, and seventy-three (73) nationals arrived on May 25th though Port Castries via the Royal Vision of the Seas. The Department of Health and Wellness has granted permission for the arrival and disembarkation processes, following which all carriers will depart Saint Lucia.
The following Health and Safety protocols were observed:
• All frontline personnel at ports of entry will facilitate arrivals wearing the necessary PPEs.
• It is mandatory that all returning nationals arrive wearing face masks.
• Port Health Authority will spearhead the disembarkation process.
• Returning nationals will be immediately transported to a government operated quarantine facility where they will be housed for a period of 14 days.
• Each national will be screened upon arrival and daily while accommodated at a government operated quarantine facility.
• Nationals will be tested for COVID-19 during the quarantine period, should they present as symptomatic.